Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is This?


Welcome to "Monkey in Europe," the tale of a primate man called "Monkey" who resides in well, Europe.

More specifically, "The Monkey" as I like to call myself (referring to one's self in the third person is a wonderful way to show that either you are extraordinarily conceded or incredibly insane- for me it's a partial cocktail of both) resides in Amsterdam, Holland and was given this nickname by my now wife, after a local girl in Thailand put a flowered necklace around my neck and said "you monkey boy." And so it came to be.

From this point I will stop referencing myself in quotation marks as I believe The Monkey has been firmly established. This monkey (pictured) moved to Amsterdam from another flat, drug infested land called Florida; just over a year ago, after his wife landed some employment in these here Lowlands. He came with some writing work and opposable thumbs (also pictured) but little else. You'll notice these thumbs extending upward in many photos, showing a) that I probably like what stands behind me- though not necessarily and b) that I am in a photo with something, with either 1 or 2 thumbs raised.

So this site will share Monkey adventures and advice about living in the Netherlands and traveling around Europe. It will also discuss random other topics that aimlessly wander through my head. So grab yourself a banana and have a look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment